Dabbing of CBD extract is a new finding in the field of CBD consumption. However, those who are unfamiliar with this kind of inhaling CBD may find it very intimidating.
In this article, we shall try to provide few useful information about dabbing.
What is dabbing?
In the dabbing process, the CBD concentrate will be vaporized and inhaled using certain wax pen or dab rig. Dabbing is becoming a popular method for consuming CBD. It is found to be more potent as well as most effective way of getting the effect of cannabis.
Why dab CBD?
People take CBD orally either by tincture or capsules, which is an easy method to consume. However, consuming CBD in a such way may suffer from lower bioavailability.
As an example, if you consume any CBD capsule then only 5 to 10% of its molecule can really affect you and rest of it goes waste. Also, even after ingesting full spectrum CBD oil, it will really affect after 90 minutes and as a result, you will need to take higher amount of CBD.
However, inhaling any CBD product has proved to be very highly bioavailable. Here almost 50% of the CBD will be absorbed by our bloodstream and the effects are felt just within 5 minutes after consumption.
Those who want immediate relief from pain or inflammation will find this method of consuming CBD much more effective.
However, the downside of dabbing is that its method is not so easily accessible as compared to conventional ways of consuming CBD. Also, the effect of dabbing may remain for 2 to 3 hours while by swallowing a CBD capsule can last the effect for 7 hours.
Also, CBD oil is not meant for dabbing as they are available mostly in the form of a tincture.
Various tools used for dabbing
There are different dabbing tools available which may vary in their function, features and also their prices. Here we will talk about 2 main options available for dabbing CBD
- Wax vaporizers
These are few electronics devices that are created for dabbing and they are available as wax pens, dab vapes and dab pens. There is a battery-operated coil which is heated for vaporizing CBD concentrate which is then inhaled.
Following are the main components of wax pens:
- Battery which is meant for heating the CBD concentrate
- Heating coil which is powered by above battery to produce necessary heat. There are many different types of coils.
- Mouthpiece is used that can be either screwed with the system so that one can inhale the CBD.
- Dabber is small metal wand which stores the CBD concentrate.
- Dab rig
Many new developments are taking place for dab rig however few standard dab rigs may consist of the following:
- Glass water pipe which functions similar to bong
- The nail is chamber made of quartz, ceramic or titanium, which will be heated to vaporize the concentrated CBD
- A dome is meant for trapping the vapor and prevent it escaping.
- A blow torch will be meant for heating the nail
- The dabber is made of metal, glass or ceramic where concentrate is stored.